Difference Between Mobile and PC Game Development
The gaming industry is currently moving at an accelerated pace. Every year, incomes are growing, and the popularity of computer games is spread among different age groups of people. At the same time, the number of gaming products is also growing, because the needs of consumers must be satisfied, and interest must be nourished with new ideas and original stories. Experts estimate that global gaming revenue has grown in just 3 years from $ 137 billion to $ 180 billion. This is a significant leap forward that drives manufacturers to develop new, better products, create unique technologies and amaze gamers around the world.
Today the question is not whether games are popular, but which ones are more popular – mobile vs pc?
The latest information records the explosive popularity of mobile applications. This is understandable because every year there are more and more smartphone owners. What kind of leisure is the most popular on a mobile gadget? Games, of course.
Comparing games on a personal computer and a mobile device
To understand which games are more popular, you can familiarize yourself with the main factors influencing the criterion of the demand for computer and mobile developments. These include the following:
- A standard game in web development services costs between $ 1.5 million and $ 5 million. This is when it comes to computer products. If we analyze the average budget for mobile development, then it is equal to 100 thousand dollars. This is due to the limited set of control tools and options, as well as the comparison of the smartphone display size with the application size. All this helps to reduce the cost of creating a game. This is considered to be the advantage of mobile gaming applications.
- The number of people in the team. To create a standard console game, you need to connect to work from 10 to 25 people, depending on the complexity of the work. As for mobile games, most of them are smaller in scale, so the team is usually represented by 3-5 specialists, each of whom is responsible for a specific job.
- Network devices. One of the key differences between mobile games and other types of games is the limitations in the context of multimedia. Although they are multiplayer and networked. When it comes to computer games, PC-based modems became popular just 10 years ago. So, phones were essentially the first network devices to use gaming applications. Data processing on it is similar to the old computing technologies, although their network capabilities are much higher.
- Development cycle. The time required to create a standard computer game is on average 2-3 years. It also depends on the complexity of the work: plot, graphics, 2D or 3D format, the number of levels, and other factors. If we talk about a mobile application, then it can be created not only in a short time but also with a small investment. And it will not necessarily be a simple game, but also professional development. In the field of mobile game development, this characteristic is considered one of the strongest advantages.
- If we are talking about console games, then on the part of the user, the authorization stage is required, as well as the manufacturer’s support.
- You can buy a computer game at the point of sale of the software. As for the purchase and download of a mobile application, it can be done simply through the application store from any type of electronic media. Downloading is done wirelessly, which is convenient, fast, and affordable. Today, all mobile game makers have opened their virtual mobile app stores.
You can find out about the predictions of future leaders and the best sales of the game in 2020 on the official website https://kevurugames.com/blog/best-selling-games-in-2020-key-factors-of-success-demand-trends-and-forecasts-of-future-leaders/ of the Kevuru Games company.
Review Difference Between Mobile and PC Game Development.